Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What a Life!

It has been over a year that I haven't posted anything. Things started well and by the end of December 2007 things took a turn again.
The ex had decided to help me with the kids by paying a half for all their activities, school lunches and child support as long as I took the CSA off his back, which I did.
To start with all was going smoothly and we were all OK with the arrangements. But of course it didn't last. In December 2007 he decided that he was paying too much and why was it necessary for the kids to do so many after school activities! of course he would prefer them to be ignorant couch potatoes rather than doing ballet, going to brownies, learning french, Hebrew... No, none of this is important to him.
Anyway, he decided from then on that he wouldn't pay for any of their activities and that £50 per week for 2 kids was more than enough. With the credit crisis nowadays £50 goes really far. At the end of the day you ask yourself what more can I do? Can I knock some sense into this man's head??? The answer is no! For the last year and a half I have been trying so hard not to get angry or stressed with all of this. It is really heart breaking to see the father of your children being a miserable sod and not even thinking of their well being. I even had to take on a Sunday job, where I teach Hebrew for 3 hours so I can make ends meet, and that is because I work full time already and only have a Saturday to get a bit of rest.
Now my eldest will be starting secondary school in September next year and we will have to move so she can be closer to the school. It is a brilliant school, where she will me amongst good kids and have a great education. When the ex hears about it his reaction to that was: "So I will have to drive all the way to Ilford to collect them?". My eldest when she heard that said to him: "Dad, we are talking about my education here, I will not go to a bad school because of you!"
Funny enough, my eldest has been able to see many things now that she didn't see when she was younger. She is capable of speaking her mind, and expressing how she feels.
The kids love their dad, but sometimes they don't really like him. My eldest every time she comes home from his place seems to be annoyed. Many times the 2 of them ring me asking if they can come back home earlier.
They get annoyed with his girlfriend who is always around and according to them seems to be battling for his affection with them. They get annoyed because he promises things and doesn't fulfill them. They get annoyed because he complains he doesn't have money and then they see him spending on things for him and his girlfriend. They get annoyed because he says on thing and does another. They get annoyed because he doesn't pay the maintenance on time, we never know when it will be paid. They get annoyed because they see their mum getting stressed.
We had a frank and honest chat a couple of weeks ago the 4 of us, and many things were said. He went on saying that he had his bills and rent to pay and life so he didn't have enough for them as well,although he was working hard. She said to him: My mum has as well the bills and mortgage to pay, she works all the time and she gets no help form anyone, you have your girlfriend to share the things with you!"
It is hard for me to see my 10 year old girl having to be so mature.
Anyway, the fight goes on. I never know when I will be paid the maintenance, this time he took 2 and 1/2 months to pay me. Kids went on a school trip for a week and that cost me £500, any help? Nope!
So as you all see, things changed to better and then they changed again. I have the CSA on his back again but they wont do much as they are useless and limited, but at least when they are on his back they annoy him and then he starts paying again properly for a while. It is a game of cat and mouse.
Speak to you all soon!

No comments: