Wednesday, May 09, 2007

All is well...

Well what can I say, my ex husband has decided to turn into the responsible parent. After 4yrs battling for him to do the right thing, he finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel, or he got a lobotomy. Well at least he is doing what he should of done years ago while we were married. Maybe after not seeing his kids for 2yrs some sense was knocked into him, and he saw how much he missed out during these 2 yrs.
It is strange the things you have to go through life until the dust settles.
Things happened in a very daunting way to get to where I am today but finally I am managing to have a bit of piece of mind, and no more sour battles, accusations, arguments.
I reckon that life works in a mysterious way. It makes you go through so many different stages and feelings till you finally reach something positive. I believe that the reason why we go though all these difficulties in life is to make us value things in life and evolve as human being and stop taking things for granted. I believe that God tests us to see how far we will go and if we will succumb to the wrong way of doing things. Sometime we stop and think why all this? what have I done to deserve all this? And we experience feelings and emotions we never thought we would be able to feel. But great are those who aren't blinded by these emotions and don't succumb to evil.
I went through a nasty divorce with the ex, a lot of harsh feelings, anger, hate, unresolved matters. But funny enough after the divorce proceedings settled and we settled the assets, things just fell into place.
Once the kids began seeing the dad again and were coming home happy, I stopped to think why was I still feeding all this anger? Unresolved issues? YES!
And once I faced these issues and sorted them out, once I sat down with the ex and had a heart to heart, explained things regarding the kids, how they felt, what they expected, it seems to have done the trick.
It has been now 8 months since the kids started sleeping over at their dad's house and things have been going smoothly. Since then he began helping with all the kids activities, when I need to work till later he picks them up for me from club, when I have to travel no more need to count on baby sitters to look after them. I have more of a social life as well, because I have 2 saturdays per month free.
Things have changed and for better, a good thing about this all is that we are actually getting on well and we can be in the same room for more than 5 mins without being hostile. Of course we aren't the best of mates but we respect eachother. When the kids and I went off to Israel he took us to the airport and came to collect us. So that was money saved in taxi fares.
Although he only sees the kids twice a month, he is spending quality time with them, and I told him that they wanted the dad to themselves and not share him with females. I told him, enjoy the time you have with them because soon enough they will become adolescents and they won't want to know you.... And he took that in, so much so that now he will be travelling with the kids this may half term just the 3 of them.
Look, I am not trying to say that he is great, no he is not, far from that. What he does whenever he is not around the kids not my problem, as long as when he is around he respects them and looks after them properly and gets them to places on time, and pays for what he has to. So far he has been paying his share of the kids activities, school photos, kids outings... Kids come home happy, so I am happy.

So all I am saying is that there is hope, I pray for it to continue like this, and to eventually get weekly child support from him.

Take care

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

Natacha said...

I have not logged on here for quite a while and since May last year things have taken a bit of a turn. I will put up a new post soon. I have been terribly busy with work and the kids. But I can let you know that the ex has been playing up again...
Men hey! specially the divorced one with kids.