Thursday, September 28, 2006

And the saga goes on.....

Well, so far no news.... The CSA said that they would chase up my ex for maintenance, so far still waiting.
I went on holiday and before I left they sent me a letter saying what were their next steps.
I came back from holiday there was a letter from them asking me to contact them. I did... What happened? They asked me the same questions that they always ask, regarding his work, life style, bla bla bla... Which they have concrete proof because I sent it to them.

Well.... I ended up fed up with it all and took matters into my own hands.
When my kids began seeing their dad again, as it was ordered via court and I did not contest, because I believe that if the kids want to see their dad you shouldn't go against them, because they will only throw it in your face as they grow. Anyway, kids began seeing dad again and I was dropping them off at his house for their fortnightly visit. As the visits went on, we began communicating, I couldn't just dump the kids and leave, it wasn't fair on them. So I began changing my attitude towards their dad. In reality what I did was put all the anger and resentment aside, and began focusing on the positive side of things. Such as the kids were more relaxed because they saw mummy and daddy getting on and not at each others throat, and hence the whole atmosphere was more relaxed. I also managed to put my anger and resentment aside, because the more I dwelled on it the more damaged I was doing to myself.
You see, hatred, revenge, negative feelings, negative thoughts that a person constantly has and constantly insists on ends up being a sad bitter person, who thinks that everything has to be the way he/she thinks is the correct way. People like that end up becoming so egotistical that they end up blind to another person's need and have to be constantly feeding their needs.. And believe me they will go to any extent to get what they want, trodding over whatever comes in their way, destroying people's lives, inventing lies, blackmailing emotionally and financially to get to their aim in life. I didn't want to end up like that... A bitter, sad, pathetic, egotistical, self centered, blind, mean person. I managed to open my eyes before it was too late, before hatred and revenge took over, and nowadays I can say that my ex and I have achieved something that I never thought would happen, an open port to communication.
This port managed to be opened because I changed my attitude, I forgave him for the past, and told myself that everything in life happens for a reason, and at least I got my kids out of this all. Once I changed my attitude, our mum and dad relationship became a healthier one. No more fights, no more courts, no more one attacking each other. Just a plain respectful and courteous relationship for the well being of the kids.
Now I can actually turn to him and ask for help with my eldest dental treatment, for him to buy their brownies and rainbows uniform, give them money for their school trips, helps pay for their ballet presentation outfits.... Maintenance? Well not yet, but I think I am going in the right direction and soon enough he will be paying for it.
We had a long chat regarding maintenance and he is ready to help, but maybe the best way is asking for things when they need it and he gives it. One way or the other it is a huge improvement from several months ago.
Hopefully by the time the CSA gets their act together he will be paying maintenance as he should. But I can say that I am much more content with the situation nowadays, because we are able to communicate and even be friends, much healthier!
One thing we have to remember is that no one belongs to anybody... Yes, we made our vows, yes several vows were broken, but that is life. You cannot hold one responsible for a promise made and broken, it is part of life. You cannot want to destroy ones life because things didn't work out according to what you had planned. Every one has the right to FREE WILL, the only person that can alter your destiny is GOD. Unfortunately some people think they are GOD and use the power they managed to get (of course through deceiving, blackmailing, threatening and lying) in a very bad way, and as they go on using this power and playing GOD they target people who are good people, something they can't stand. They will go on seeking more power, status and everlasting youth by using people as much as they can. You have many women and men that act like that throughout a divorce, a separation.... I thank GOD (the real one) that I never sought revenge or wanted to take the ex to the cleaners, all I ever wanted was justice and one to take responsibility for their actions. They day you decide to have kids you have to remember that they will be dependent on you until they are old enough to walk on their own two feet, and a MUM and DAD have that responsibility.....
Will keep you posted if any further developments regarding the CSA occur.
Keep well and positive!

No comments: